Nurse practitioners are professionals in the medical field who act as assistants to the doctors. Nevertheless, their roles are more than that. Practitioner nurses diagnose patients, provide treatment and medication, carry out consultations and help create public awareness on the health issues. In these duties, these nurses can act independently or in collaboration with other professional staff in the health sector. This title normally requires a master’s degree in the specific area of specialty, certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) in addition to a state authority for advanced practice. The reasons for this through processes are to guarantee that the nurse is aware of several of the field’s concepts, works and methodologies. Creativity and good judgment are highly regarded. With these qualities, it can be assured that the nurses can implement the plans and achieve the goals as stipulated by the national and state governments in their health chapters. In some states the nurse practitioners are accorded the privilege to perform minor surgical operations. Few states allow the practitioners to work independently while it is compulsory in others to work under a doctor. Due to such state rule differences, there will be salary discrepancies for the profession from one state to another.
Average Annual Salary For A Nurse Practitioner
The average nurse practitioner salary in 2014 is estimated at $94,000.This is the equivalent of $45 per hour. This amount is in agreement with that of 50% for the nurse practitioners’ salaries, which are in the range of $87,000 and $102,000 annual pay, an hourly rate of $42 and $49 respectively. In 2014, practitioners categorized under the lowest 10th percentile are expected to pocket around $81,000 annually (that is $39 in an hour) while those in the highest 10th percentile will be on $110,000 annual pay, representing a $53 per hour payment. A compensation package of $130,600, on average, will be available to a nurse practitioner. Additional benefits are also available which comprise of vacation time, social security and health insurance. The whole of the practitioners’ package is 58% higher than the average nation job postings putting this profession as one of the best paying in the country.
Average Salary For Different Categories Of Nurse Practitioner
As there are different categories in this profession so is there varying nurse practitioner salary 2014 for each group. The permanent family nurse practitioner, for instance, receives $95,000 yearly. Meanwhile, the RN 1st assistant practitioner and neonatal nursing nurse practitioner each pocket a lower salary of $62,000. On the other hand, a nurse practitioner specialty is on $88,000. On to the family nurse practitioner who now gets slightly less than average at $93,000. Among the highest paid are the permanent nurse practitioner and the neonatal nurse practitioner at a whooping $110,000. A salary of $88,000 is for the cardiovascular nurse practitioner. Just above that is the pediatric nurse practitioner receiving $82,000. An adult nurse practitioner package is $77,000, the same amount paid to the advanced RN practitioner. $89,000 is for the family practice nurse practitioner. The highest paid nurse practitioner is the Arnp nurse practitioner (at $111,000) while the lowest is the pediatrics nursing nurse practitioner (at $56,000).
Salary Per State For A Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization: Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization: Nurse Midwifery/Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited)
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs and Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Financial aid is available for students who quality, with more than $1,000,000 through 10 scholarships.
- Offers 24/7 student services, including financial aid help, course registration, and career counseling.
- Students may opt in for a two week, risk-free trial period.
- Active-duty military, veterans, and Veteran’s Administration employees can save 15% on tuition.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) - General
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
- RN to MS in Nursing
Take a new step in your education with Chamberlain College of Nursing. We offer associate, bachelor, and master's degree programs in nursing, plus a doctorate in nursing practice.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- RN to MSN (Online)
Maryville University students may choose from 50 academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)
- Post-Master Nurse Practitioner Certificate-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- And more...
- Master of Science - DNP Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Master of Science - DNP Adult Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers accredited online Master of Science with Major in Nursing programs to help both working professionals and recent graduates advance their careers. We feature an innovative RN to MS track as well as Nurse Executive and Nursing Education MS degree progressions.
- RN to MS - Nurse Executive
- RN to MS - Nursing Education